Conversations with educators coming up
Iowa Department of Education Director Jason Glass and I plan to meet with educators across the state to gather feedback on the recommendations of the Taskforce on Teacher Leadership and Compensation. The first meeting is Oct. 22 in Manchester. The full schedule is below.
Starting Oct. 22, the Iowa Department of Education homepage carousel where the recommendations are available also will have a comment section in the same location. So if you cannot attend any of the meetings, please let us know what you think in the comment section.
Here’s the full schedule:
1) Manchester: Monday, Oct. 22, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., in the auditorium at West Delaware High School, 605 New St., Manchester.
2) Des Moines: Tuesday, Oct. 23, 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., in the auditorium at Central Campus, 1800 Grand Ave., Des Moines.
3) Sioux City: Thursday, Nov. 1, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., in the auditorium at North High School, 4200 Cheyenne Blvd., Sioux City.
4) Clear Lake: Wednesday, Nov. 28, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., in the E. B. Stillman Auditorium at Clear Lake Middle School, 1601 Third Ave. North, Clear Lake.
5) Oskaloosa: Thursday, Nov. 29, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., in the George Dailey Community Auditorium, 1800 N. Third St., Oskaloosa.
6) Atlantic: Wednesday, Dec. 5, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., in the auditorium at Atlantic High School, 1201 E. 14th St., Atlantic.
7) Bettendorf: Thursday, Dec. 6, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency, 729 21st St., Bettendorf.